Voices Against Indifference Initiative
An Evening with “The White Rose”
April 22 – 24, 1999
Calendar of Events
April 22 – 24, 1999 Community Production: Performed for the public at the Great Aunt Stella Center
and for students at Northwest School for the Arts and West Charlotte High School.
- Panel Discussion: A discussion with the play director, playwright and Traute Lafrenz Page,
- the only surviving member of the original White Rose. Discussions were held after each
- performance and in a special session at the Uptown Branch of the Public Library for teachers
- and youth ministers.
- Educational Materials: Study guides designed as tools for teachers exploring the issues raised
- by the play with their students were provided free of charge to Charlotte area teachers and youth